Red Bag Solutions' patented Steam Sterilization and Maceration (SSM) technology is the basis of our unique bioharzardous waste processing system. It is designed for safe, efficient and cost effective processing of
- Biological agents and infectious materials
- Needles, syringes and disposable surgical instruments
- Contaminated plastics
- Sharps containers/needle boxes
- Confidential media and proprietary materials
- Blood products and body fluids
- Pathogens: bacterial, viral, fungi or proteinaceous infectious agents
- Contaminated animal carcasses (less than 40 pounds) and animal bedding
- Some pharmaceuticals
SSM processed waste is sterilized, safe and no longer recognizable as medical waste. Therefore, it can be recycled or disposed of as ordinary municipal trash. Unlike medical waste incinerators and autoclaves, SSM processing is free of objectionable odors and does not release any negative air emissions. It is more environmentally friendly and less costly than any other on-site medical waste management alternative.
How It Works
Within 30 minutes, RBS's patented SSM technology macerates the waste while the particles are simultaneously surrounded by superheated water and steam until sterilization is achieved. Most bio-hazardous waste processors only disinfect waste; Red Bag Solutions’ SSM processing guarantees sterilization.